Why can't I send picture messages?
csahaynes
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I got the LG G2, at first I couldn't send or receive pictures via text unless data was on.  Then Verizon addressed that issue and data was no longer required.  Now I just got the LG G4 and it has the same issue.  Pictures only download with data on.  Wi-fi does not work either.  Any idea how long until this issue is resolved?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending/Receiving pictures via text on LG G4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us csahaynes. Are you using the stock messaging app on your phone or Verizon Messages? If using the stock messaging app on your phone, you will need to enable the mobile data on your device to send and receive pictures. If using the Verizon Messaging app on your phone, you should be able to send/receive pictures via wifi.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get your picture messaging up and running csahaynes. When did you start experiencing difficulites with receiving picutre messages? Were you able to send without data enabled on your previous LG G2? Are you using a third party messaging app or stock messaging application?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
csahaynes
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem started right from the start.  Yes, I could get pictures on my G2 without using data.

I'm not using any third party apps, just what came with the phone.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

you need cellular data on for mms

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us csahaynes. Are you using the stock messaging app on your phone or Verizon Messages? If using the stock messaging app on your phone, you will need to enable the mobile data on your device to send and receive pictures. If using the Verizon Messaging app on your phone, you should be able to send/receive pictures via wifi.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes