Why can't hear people on call while using bluetooth - Moto Z Force?
TRACOR45
Enthusiast - Level 2

My bluetooth capabilities were working fine until I received build MCLS24.246-36-3 on 9/24/16. Since that update, I cannot hear people talking to me during phone calls over bluetooth. I have tried all the trouble shooting tips with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't hear people on call while using bluetooth - Moto Z Force
TRACOR45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had them send a replacement and now Bluetooth works. The replacement keeps asking to update and I just choose install later, but never approve it. I will not update the phone until Verizon fixes the update because that is what caused the issue.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried clearing the system cache and removing the Bluetooth device from the phone before pairing the devices again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
TRACOR45
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I also connected another phone to the bluetooth device to narrow down which device has the issue. Other phone pair with the vehicle fine and I can hear people talking. I have tried factory resetting both the phone's system and the vehicle's system several times. Nothing seems to be working.

0 Likes
gabby705
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the same issue since last update. Same problems as described above. I did everything i know to do...and factory reset as a last reort and nothing.  I tried to sync a new fitbit to my phone, and the bluetooth refuses to stay connected to pair anything. I have since had verizon send me a replacement phone and everything works again however it has just started asking to to install this  MCLS24.246-36-3 update again. I feel like that update is the culprit.

0 Likes
TRACOR45
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also had them send a replacement and now Bluetooth works. The replacement keeps asking to update and I just choose install later, but never approve it. I will not update the phone until Verizon fixes the update because that is what caused the issue.

Bskemper1

I purchased a moto z Droid on 11/04/2016. I cannot use my Bluetooth headset or car phone because I cannot hear the caller. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the devices, then paired my husband's  Bluetooth headset. Same result ... I cannot hear the caller. They can hear me. Not too happy.

0 Likes
EDWHEA75

Anything new on this. I have had my Moto Z Force since Aug 29. Bluetooth worked fine until sometime between initial use and now. Currently Caller on the other end can hear me fine but I hear nothing. I have tried it with both the bluetooth built into our Passat and the Jabra Freeway unit in my truck. Same result.

0 Likes