Why did my messages get mixed up?
lhajm

A couple days ago, when getting ready to reply to a message, that all the messages within that string, and all others, were not actually what was exchanged with that person. How does this happen and what can be done to correct it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why did my messages get 'mixed up'? Meaning - The messages in each string are not actually the ones to/from that individual.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Verizon Messages app?  There was an update a couple of days ago, and it has been a bit glitchy on my phone since then - a thread comes up blank, or not the one I thought I tapped - close and restart the app and it works better.  Annoying though -

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why did my messages get 'mixed up'? Meaning - The messages in each string are not actually the ones to/from that individual.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have? Could you have changed the sort order for messages?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lhajm

It's an LG G3. I didn't change anything that I am aware of.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lhajm,

I can imagine the alarm you had when you saw your messages were mixed up. Let's look closer. Have you done any software updates recently on your phone? You would want to power the device off fully and then restart the phone. Also, I encourage you to delete some of your text messages. This can also help. Keep us posted on your progress.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Verizon Messages app?  There was an update a couple of days ago, and it has been a bit glitchy on my phone since then - a thread comes up blank, or not the one I thought I tapped - close and restart the app and it works better.  Annoying though -

0 Likes
lhajm

@SuzyQ - It looks like that took care of it. I disabled, then re-enabled the app and the messages were back where they were supposed to be. Thanks!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad it worked and you are back to normal!

0 Likes