Why do I still see my phone number on the set up screen after a factory reset?
KAYDEF34

I reset old phone tor factory defaults but I still see my phone number on the set up screen.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: old phone factory defaults but I still see my phone number on the set up screen.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would say it is true on the 3G EDVO only devices. It wouldn't necessarily be true on the 4G LTE devices. If you leave the SIM card in during the reset, yes the phone will pull the number from the SIM card. If however the SIM card was removed prior to the reset, then the phone couldn't display a phone number as it has no way of connecting to the network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: old phone factory defaults but I still see my phone number on the set up screen.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model are you referring to?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I have multiple phones in the past and from my experience this is normal.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would say it is true on the 3G EDVO only devices. It wouldn't necessarily be true on the 4G LTE devices. If you leave the SIM card in during the reset, yes the phone will pull the number from the SIM card. If however the SIM card was removed prior to the reset, then the phone couldn't display a phone number as it has no way of connecting to the network.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I second Ann's response.  Even an inactive SIM card retains you phone number.  Remove sim, then factory reset.

0 Likes