Why doesn't the data usage under settings and the data usage on myverizon match up. It's impossible to keep track of when they are so far off. Off by 2Gs. what a crock.
SARCLI15

When I go to settings--data usage it says 2.85G, so I think that everything is okay. When I check through MyVerizon App it says 4.367. How can they differ by so much? Yes the cycle dates are correct and yes, I am only looking at my phone line. I understand that they may differ a little, but this seems ridiculous. Then I get a text saying I'm at 90% and then all of a sudden, I'm over. Dumb.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't the data usage under settings and the data usage on myverizon match up. It's impossible to keep track of when they are so far off. Off by 2Gs. what a crock.
bearone21
Legend

it's an estimate....

from myverizon account:

This estimate is based on usage reported as of 07/07/2016 at 9:32 AM.

Usage outside of your home network may not be included. Additionally, usage for which you are not billed, as well as promotional or bonus allowances you may have, is not included.

my current time is 1102

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't the data usage under settings and the data usage on myverizon match up. It's impossible to keep track of when they are so far off. Off by 2Gs. what a crock.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sarcli15, keeping track of your data is the best way to ensure no surprises at month end. We always want you to have the details that you need to stay on track. Do you find that this usage differs everywhere? Are they the same at any point of the billing cycle? Which phone do you have?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes