Why is my phone's mobile hotspot disconnecting so often?
ggilb76

I'm using an LG G3 and have always been able to use the mobile hotspot feature with no disconnection issues. I've recently switched over to the Verizon Unlimited plan, since this is really my only option for internet access living out in the country (no cable, no Fios, no dsl, satellite internet is terrible). Over the last month or so, the connection keeps dropping and I'm getting kicked out and streaming video gets interrupted, I get disconnected from online games, etc. It's becoming very frustrating.

To recap I have an LG G3 phone with the latest updates installed. I'm using the mobile hotspot feature for high speed internet access on my computer, which is running Windows 10. I'm getting 2-3 disconnects an hour and not just during prime time (it happens morning, noon night and in the early am).

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this? I was just getting ready to buy a separate mobile hotspot and upgrade my phone as well, but I'm not going to do that if this going to be a constant issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Why is my phone's mobile hotspot disconnecting so often?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to see you get the best possible service where you need it most. Does the Hotspot feature disconnect on the phone or are you getting error messages on your computer about the connection? Is this only happening in your home or have you tried the Hotspot connection in multiple areas if using laptop?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ggilb76, Let's work together on the best options for your home internet and make sure your Mobile Hotspot is working like it should. It would be very challenging to have this happen so often. What zip code are you at? Is anyone else having problems with data signal there? Do you have issues with your Mobile Hotspot elsewhere?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TroubledIOS

I am having the same problem on my iphone xs hotspot disconnects every few minutes. I have the unlimited above plan. the only thing i can add to help narrow this down a bit is ' none of my apple products disconnect. someone told me it could be the verizon ttl delay settings. I have tried a t mobile sim card in my iphone and it works fine. I also tried my sim card in a Galaxy note 10 + which also worked fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy all of the features of your phone, ThroubledIOS. When did you start having these troubles? You mentioned you tried this in a Note 10+, was this device a Verizon device? Please share some additional information.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes