Why is this acceptable?!?!?
Ggilsrud

Why is it acceptable to offer products and service without rectifying issues?

I have been a customer with Verizon since March of '15 with the LG G3 and the bluetooth has only worked 4 months of that time.  I have spent more than a 40 hour work week on the phone to try to solve the issues or at least rant for an update and I am only offered an exchange on the device.  This is something that affects EVERY G3 ON VERIZON!!!  What gives!  Streaming BT audio was fixed with the Stagefright patch, but now BTLE still isn't working?!?!?!

6.0.1 would be nice, but I fear the streaming BT will be broken again.

Get your [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] together, Verizon.  As a customer I don't care WHOSE fault it is.  When you aren't ensuring the releases are 100% working, I give up on you.  And LG to a great extent, but other carriers release updates 6 MONTHS before you do, so if anything you ought to see all the complaints regarding bugs and demand they be fixed before it is released on your network.  It's called quality control and it leads to customer retention.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?  Just wondering, because you are surely going to reply with the same old [removed] as usual.  Before you do, Please understand the the only acceptable answer is: I have an update that fixes everything so the phone you paid top dollar for will finally work.  I know you wanted the HTC M9, but  when we were sold out and all 6 salespersons at the store had the G3 we put it in your mind that it was a solid device, but we were wrong and we are here to fix it.  Or give you an exchange, or money back, or pay you for all those long lunch breaks you took trying to just make that [removed] work.  Our bad.

FYI: I feel horrible for leaving my previous carrier (a prepaid).  HTC fixed my M7 for FREE outside of warranty and even OUTSIDE OF THE COUNTRY.  I bought it used on eBay and had no proof of payment whatsoever, but the phone had a known issue and they owned the responsibility.  Their top techs and special projects team called me to ensure I was happy and that things were as they ought to be.  That's a company that understands customer service, retention and that loyalty is a TWO-WAY STREET!

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Why is this acceptable?!?!?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT sounds like you need to discuss this with LG, but unless you purchased the insurance, your phone is out of warranty. This is not a Verizon issue.

deloused
Master - Level 3

It's acceptable since you have unreasonable expectations as well as untrue statements. Bluetooth streaming and low energy has always worked on the LG G3. Verizon pushed the Marshmallow update to the G3 2 months earlier than At&t and Sprint and 3 months prior to T-Mobile. The store couldn't have been sold out of the HTC M9 and 'forced' you into the G3 as you purchased it March of 2015 when the M9 had not even been released yet. If they were able to time travel though, that would have been good advice since the G3 is consistently rated higher than the M9 in user reviews.

There are no Bluetooth issues on the G3 that are unique to Verizon, or any network provider since the carriers have nothing to do with that. There are Bluetooth issues reported by some G3 users, but from EVERY carrier, as well as some posted options to resolve the issues, which weren't hardware defects, but rather software and accessory settings and compatability. The same goes for Androids and iPhones also from every carrier.

Bluetooth standard version 4.+ Is termed 'low energy' as that's what it does, and it communicates differently with other devices than older versions. The G3 has Bluetooth 4.0, so that is the low energy technology at work, whether streaming audio, data or syncing. Here's a common Bluetooth 'issue' example- say I have a G3, manufactured by LG, software written by google, an internal Bluetooth chip made by Intel, and I want to stream music from an app made by Amazon, to my Honda vehicle which has a Bluetooth capable stereo made by Pioneer with a internal chip made by Qualcomm, but I cant get it to work. LG might need to check for any additional software/settings needed, (such as some actual BT apps they have actually develioed) even involving google. Perhaps the Intel chip is slow to connect and the Qualcomm one in my stereo is timing out. Perhaps the music app developer needs to update their version to Marshmallow configurations but theyre still working on it. Perhaps Pioneer released the compatability update for Marshmallow but I haven't downloaded it to my car yet. Or perhaps it's a brand new stereo designed for Bluetooth 4.2, instead of the version on my older G3.

In any way, the last one to contact for such issues would be the network provider, since none of them have anything to do with such things. Verizon quality controls how the devices they sell operate on their network, asking any carrier to quality control compatability of another companies products with other companies products is unrealistic, and not possible as there are thousands of possible configuration issues that can come up, so no products would ever be released nor do they have the authority to test others proprietary versions.

It doesn't matter whether I bought my phone from Verizon, Best Buy or WalMart, if there's a Bluetooth issue I'd reach out to the manufacturer since they are trained and can fix their issues. If there's a network issue, a feature issue like calls/texts that's what you'd want to bug the carrier for since they can fix such things.

This stuff isn't new, but can resolve issues quicker. It's the same with any carrier.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Ditto what they wrote....

LG writes the code, not Verizon.  

Your Warranty is from LG, not Verizon.

0 Likes
Ggilsrud

Actually, deloused it was the M8 and not the M9 that I was referring to.  I made an error in that original post.  The M9 I believe was coming out in a few months or so, but either way it was the M8. 

The original conversation with Verizon regarding the issue led me to LG who would flash the phone back to an earlier version, but couldn't provide a timetable and the phone had to be shipped outside the USA.  Not a viable solution.

The insurance policy has been in effect since day one and I believe Verizon has swapped the device roughly 10 times before providing me with a new device because I am paying on a phone that is not refurbished and shouldn't be unless I broke it.  All these phones as well as my wife's G3 have had the same issues. 

My point is that Verizon isn't ensuring a good user experience and has severely strained this relationship in favor of a relationship with a company who simply doesn't care.  As a customer I feel this also means that Verizon also doesn't care.  They will take the update from LG, bundle in their own games and whatnot, but not ensure that the phone will indeed work as intended when the update is applied.  I didn't like their VCR's and microwave ovens and I never wanted their phone.  I wasn't kidding when I said that EVERY Verizon rep had a G3 at the kiosk and more or less pressured me into it.  I would've gone for the S5 otherwise. 

While others complain about not having the latest version of Android, or iOS or what have you, there is a lot to be said for a company like Verizon if they simply pumped the brakes and ensured the best user experience possible.  If anyone knew that an update would reduce the functionality of their device they wouldn't apply it and if a company refused to release that buggy update the customers would THANK THEM. 

As for the Pioneer stereo issue, I have one in my vehicle and after Stagefright it streams properly, then broke again before the Marshmallow update resolved it.  I hope your factory head unit can connect now in 6.0.

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

I totally feel the frustration with those issues, wow 10 devices is a lot you're more patient than me or most people with that. I ended up switching to the iPhone, I miss the customization of androids, the extra features and options, and some third party apps plus more free download availability but i had some similar issues, mostly with software updates and functionality on some androids, majority with Motorolas and one Samsung. Don't get me wrong apple is not at all perfect, I've had some hardware defect issues (not wide spread just random) that required 3 replacements (not on one model, one 5, one 5s one 6) and I've also experienced the widespread ones with software bugs, but I find it less frustrating for me oersonally, even though a couple friends tease me about buying apple (while their phone is dying) but with Apple's business model and since they have much more involvement in their hardware and software the updates and fixes do tend to come faster since they manufacture the majority of it, don't have to deal with Google, carriers etc (they've had similar Bluetooth ones for example) and have more physical stores so replacements are fast. As a plus the resale value is higher so when I'm done with them I have more of a down payment, and the batteries are superb.  I'm not meaning dump androids but perhaps a different make/model would be smoother and more preferable for you.  I know someome that loves his M8, and someone that hates it but hates the oher devices more so he keeps it. The carriers really do test all phones, but with everything involved with certain issues like Bluetooth or hardware defects or operating system issues it really is most efficient to report directly to the phone maker, it really does speed up the process when a fix is needed, say for LG, because the issues on the G3 do also occur with the G3 sold by other carriers so by LG knowing of a problem, seeing it on the Att, tmo and Sprint models lights more of a fire to get it fixed to avoid dissatisfaction, recalls, loss in sales, or intervention from other parties. When those complicated issues are presented to the carrier they're quicker to think it's maybe just that one phone having a defect, so to resolve it they'll send a replacement, but because LG wasn't notified to investigate and fix the technical problem replacements often still have issues. Id also be frustrated to call Verizon that many times, especially since the training on detailed device specifics is only given to the support/tech employees of LG, so while I think most try their best to help, it doesn't solve those big widespread issues, and makes me more impatient.

Like I don't think a phone should ever have to be replaced that many times, but LG says there's no known issues with the product, so Verizon would really think its a one off issue and a replacement would resolve it, whereas LG or Apple could access and identity and fix them easier by finding software conflicts, bugs and  issue updates while the carriers can't. As you're still experiencing Bluetooth issues depending on what type of issue (pairing, staying connected, audio droo, not finding devices within range, passcode issues, sound cut out, syncing) and which accessory its happening with it may be able to be resolved by an app or device setting, or accessory update or setting without a replacement, since previous replacements didnt resolve the issue. Or it could be compatability, like a certain Bluetooth accessory may be designed to work only with older software versions or it may only work with newer hardware versions and the fix would be getting a different device or accessory and not a replacement. Usually posting those details of the exact issue either here or LG or Android forums can get many issues resolved since there's often someone else that had the same issue and may know how to fix it, there are some helpful Bluetooth issue fixes online for LG phones, acessories, and Marshmallow, which may be a faster fix than even calling for support, depending on the problem type, and may help avoid some of the hassle so your phone works like the day it was made.

0 Likes
REDNECKGRANN

I am having the same issue with Verizon. Customer service is rotten. The CSR only want to SELL and make a commission. (MONEY MONGRELS). They get mad if you have a problem - and then it is always something that will have to be handled by some other company. My family (plan) have been customers for well over 15years. My monthly bill in always over $300.00. (we do a number of lines with phones and tablets and of course the WONDERFUL Hum that is a total piece of [Removed]). We purchased 2 TWO new phones (and of course paid highly for them) and that WONDERFUL Hum about 6 months ago. The Hum never worked. The CSR (and I use that phase loosely ; (   with a bitter taste in my mouth) that we contacted concerning the HUM Could not figure out why it did not work. So they mailed another one. Still working on getting that one working.And by the way, Verizon can't take it off my bill because its with a different company.  BUT IT'S BILLED ON MY VERIZON BILL MONTHLY. Now that's what I call total control of all aspects of the VERIZON company. Also I have had to replace one of the phones purchased. MOTO Z DROID. Apparently all Motorola products are [Removed]. Another phone had to be replaced thru the insurance that we pay monthly again on the Verizon bill. And not only do we pay the insurance monthly, $150.00 had to be paid before they could mail a refurbished phone. That was a month ago. Now this phone has died. And again we went to the VERIZON store. WHAT A JOKE. Rotten service, Rotten merchandise. We need MA BELL back. Verizon needs to do a better training for their CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. If we all go to T-Mobile or Sprint these CSR will have to get a real job. Manual labor.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes