Why won't my LG V10 work after the update?
Cyborg729
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My LG V10 is not working at all, after the Android 6.0 update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cyborg729,

That's definitely and odd occurrence and we want to make sure the update is helping improve your device performance and not hindering it. Currently there are no known issues that would be similar to what you are describing. Does this happen everytime with the headphones? Is there any debris within the port? Is the device backed up? If so we can try resetting it completely to see if that would resolve the error.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/

Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200908/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cyborg729
Enthusiast - Level 2

More info:
The phone, if it boots, will run for about 30-45 minutes. Performance is sluggish. It will then freeze for a few seconds and restart on its own. Once it does that, it will stay stuck on the "Verizon" screen for hours (Thursday afternoon, it did this right before my noon class; it didn't unstick until well after 4:00). I've removed the battery, removed the SIM card, and warm and cold restarted it, multiple times. None of these problems happened prior to the 6.0 update.

Cyborg729
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I found the problem: when headphones are plugged in, the phone locks up. This also never happened prior to the Marshmallow update. Any way to fix this (patch, rollback, New phone), Verizon?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cyborg729,

That's definitely and odd occurrence and we want to make sure the update is helping improve your device performance and not hindering it. Currently there are no known issues that would be similar to what you are describing. Does this happen everytime with the headphones? Is there any debris within the port? Is the device backed up? If so we can try resetting it completely to see if that would resolve the error.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/

Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200908/

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cyborg729
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took 2 resets (including not restoring any of my settings from before) but it appears that at least one pair of headphones are working. Not sure why it took over 2 days to answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Cyborg729 wrote:

It took 2 resets (including not restoring any of my settings from before) but it appears that at least one pair of headphones are working. Not sure why it took over 2 days to answer.

This community is primarily a peer to peer community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. The VZW reps that do roam this community try and let the community members assist each other first before offering help themselves.  If you needed an immediate answer, you should have called Customer Service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.