Why won't my brand new LG GPad X8.3 connect to my Verizon high speed DSL Wi-Fi when I enter the correct password???
mesaviewwest

HELP!!!!  After two fruitless live chats with Verizon I'm ready to return my new LG G Pad X 8.3.  Incredibly frustrated and disappointed.  The pad was activated yesterday and today I was trying to use it  When attempting to connect to my Verizon high speed DSL I enter the correct password and a note comes up saying "The password was not accepted.  Please try again."  I've tried umpteen times.  I've tried in "safe" mode.  No luck.  This is the password on the back of my router.  This is the same password I've used successfully on a laptop, iPad, and two cell phones.  Guests at my house have successfully connected to the Wi-Fi using the same password.  So the problem is obviously with the pad.  The second person I chatted with at Verizon insisted it was not their problem since the issue is clearly with the pad and that I should contact LG.  WRONGO!!!  This pad is branded all over the box (bright red) and the pad with the Verizon logo.  Sold at a Verizon kiosk in Costco.  After nine years plus with Verizon, my expectation is that they should put some effort into making this right - not tell me to search the internet for a phone number to call LG.  Guess this is what I get for upgrading my phone and allowing the sales rep to persuade me that the pad was a great buy and with both devices my monthly payment would still be lower than my current data plan bill.  Lower yes, but what's the point if the pad is a piece of junk.  Unless someone in the forum can help, this paperweight is going back to the store.  My bill will be lower still without this extra cost!  Smiley Sad  Verizon you have soooooooooooooo completely let me down.  At this rate we may not celebrate our 10 year anniversary.  Maybe it's time I looked into other providers.  If anyone out there can help me, may a million thanks rain gently down upon you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't my brand new LG GPad X8.3 connect to my Verizon high speed DSL Wi-Fi when I enter the correct password???
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happens if you put the tablet in airplane mode, then turn on only the wifi?  Are you able to connect then?

0 Likes
Re: Why won't my brand new LG GPad X8.3 connect to my Verizon high speed DSL Wi-Fi when I enter the correct password???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We have been honored to offer you wireless service for the last 10 years and would love to help you stay for many more years to come. Have you tried "forgetting" the WiFi network and attempting to set it up again? Have you sccessfully connected the device to any other WiFI network that you may have had access to?   YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mesaviewwest

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately I can't seem to get the tablet to forget the wifi network.  I've gone into settings - tapped wi-fi - and tried a long press on the network to be forgotten - nothing - it only provides the option to enter the password.  Have also tried a quick tap - no luck - same password option. Perhaps it can't forget a network that it's never successfully signed into.  What a headache.

[removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

First thing I would do is a factory reset of the tablet. If you are still unable to connect to your network, try a public network to see if it connects.  If not then take it back to Costco for an exchange. There could be a hardware problem with your tablet where no software or settings tweeks will ever fix it.

0 Likes