Wi-Fi Data usage chart
TONY_W
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an LG G6 running Android 9. When I go into the Data Usage settings there is one tab for Mobile and one for Wi-Fi. Both tabs usually show the current month's usage, but for some reason this month the Wi-Fi tab is still displaying last month's usage. And when I tap on the date range I can only select either last month or the previous month (they are the only two listed). In the Mobile tab the last four months usage are available, including the current month.

I have the cycle date set to the 28th, so the Mobile tab is displaying usage for Oct 29 - Nov 28, but the Wi-Fi tab will only display Sep 29 - Oct 28. How do I get it to display the current month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi Data usage chart
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TONY_W, being on top of your data usage is vital, especially if you are administering your usage, we want to gather more details. When did you notice the issue (did you have more options before)? What recent changes have occurred (new update, fresh apps, etc.)? When did your billing cycle end?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
TONY_W
Enthusiast - Level 3

The mobile and wi-fi data usage charts always used to display the current month, or I could pull down the date drop-down menu and select a past month. I think I could go back 3-4 months, something like that. But now when I pull down the date menu for wi-fi it only shows Sep 29 - Oct 28 and Aug 29 - Sep 28. The one for mobile data lets me select those two plus the current Oct 29 - Nov 28, and there's also the option to "change cycle" which is how I get it to cycle on my date which is the 29th.

I tried using "change cycle" to change the date, but that doesn't fix the problem with the wi-fi chart not showing the current month.

Hmmm, recent changes? The last system update was VS98830a on Sep 27. I'm pretty sure the wi-fi data usage chart was working after that, but I'm not 100% sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details, TONY_W! Upon reviewing the information, we can confirm that it is working as intended. We checked on several Android devices, and they all show the Wi-Fi usage like you mentioned. Also, there is no way to change the dates. If you have more questions about this update, we would need you to reach out to Google: https://support.google.com/android/?hl=en#topic=7313011 We hope this helps. 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
TONY_W
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just so we're crystal clear here, you're telling me that it's working as intended when the wi-fi data usage chart only shows the data for the previous month. Not the current month. This was never the way it worked in the past, but it's happening now and you're telling me that's how it's supposed to work? So all that time in the past when it was showing me the current month, that was unintended?

That can't possibly be correct. Working as intended? No, it's not. It was working as intended before this problem crept up recently. So I come here and get "it's not our problem" and I'm told to look elsewhere for support? That's not acceptable, Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I realize the frustration this has caused you, Tony_W. However, the information we provided is correct and the device is performing as expected. The data usage can vary depending the setting of your device, app running in the background, etc.  I apologize for the inconvenience and trust that we helped as much as we could under the circumstances.  

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes