Wi-Fi issue
bkptmitch

My phone says it's connected to my wifi at home but it won't go online. I've tried restarting the phone and modem. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to forget the wifi connection on the phone and create a fresh connection verifying the password to the router?

Do you have any MAC address filtering on the router?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bkptmitch,

Keeping you connected is our goal. Let's work together to find out what's going on. What model phone do you have? Are you able to use the internet when connected to other WiFi sources? Any error messages when trying to connect?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bkptmitch

Hi.  Just got an S7 edge.  Internet works fine anywhere else.  I put the right password in, and even added my phone's MAC address to the router to no avail.  My phone says it's connected to my router but it will not access the internet.  If I turn wifi off on the phone and mobile data is on it will instantly connect. 

0 Likes
bkptmitch

Hi.  Yes, I tried forgetting the connection, restarting the router and the phone (S7 edge), and also added my phone's MAC address to my router.  The phone says it's connected but when the wifi is on it won't access the internet here.  Works fine when connected to other sources (public places, etc.). Also, my laptop works as well as my old phone so it doesn't seem to be a router issue.

0 Likes