Wifi calling in airplane mode...
ragingfish

When I originally got the wifi calling update, I was ecstatic, because at work I don't get an LTE signal. I always have to put my phone in airplane mode, but I could finally make and receive calls over the wifi network. It was phenomenal. But there's been another update since, and now, it won't do wifi calling in airplane mode anymore. Anytime I try now it says "cannot make or receive calls in airplane mode." What happened? I need to be able to use my phone here, this is absurd.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling in airplane mode...
rcschnoor
Legend

When you say you put the phone in airplane mode, I assume you ALSO then reactivate wifi on the phone?

0 Likes
ragingfish

lol, yes, i do. should've mentioned that. i was thrilled when we got the new verizon messaging app and ic ould text on wifi. now i just need my calls back!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you checked to see if the new update deactivated wifi calling and it has to be activated again?

0 Likes
ragingfish

Yep. checked this morning. Even tried turning wifi calling off and back on again. Still no dice.

0 Likes
miketech_79
Enthusiast - Level 3

I thought I would mention I can even send text messages on my normal stock iPhone message app (not using the Verizon Message App) while the iPhone is in airplane mode. So my guess is Verizon made a change that just impacts your phone.

0 Likes