Will the OnePlus 8 5G UW receive any more updates?
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a Verizon branded OnePlus 8 5G UW for almost 3 years now.  It received Android 11 a while after I bought it.  Android 12 has been out almost a year and a half now but has not been released for this phone.  The last security update is dated 2022-10-01, almost 6 months ago.  Will Verizon ever release any more security updates or a more recent Android version or is this phone pretty much out of support now?

Considering a Pixel 7A when it comes out later this spring, but I will not buy it from Verizon.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will the OnePlus 8 5G UW receive any more updates?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to keep updated on the software release dates. When an update becomes available, it's listed here→ https://www.verizon.com/support/oneplus-8-5g-uw-update/ . Keep an eye on that page for updates. If you have any additional questions, please send us a Private Note. 

*Margie

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, there! We would have to check with the manufacturer to find out when the next update will be for the OnePlus 8. Please give me a moment to see if I can find any information regarding that issue.

*Lisa

0 Likes
crdennett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did some research and OnePlus released Android 12 about March 2022 (over a year ago) and Android 13 in November 2022.  Since the OnePlus 8 5G UW is a Verizon branded phone, I would assume any OS update would have to go through Verizon.  I'd just like to know when and if that will happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to keep updated on the software release dates. When an update becomes available, it's listed here→ https://www.verizon.com/support/oneplus-8-5g-uw-update/ . Keep an eye on that page for updates. If you have any additional questions, please send us a Private Note. 

*Margie

0 Likes