Will we ever have an option for a dark theme in Android 5 or later, similar to 4.4?
VZWGalaxyS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

A year and a half ago, I ditched the iPhone (and my previous carrier) for a Verizon Galaxy S4, mostly because of the beautiful dark theme, and was tired of staring at the garish light bulb that is an iPhone at night.  Then my S4 got upgraded to 5.0, and I was dismayed to find that a dark theme or night mode wasn't even a user option anymore.  Is there any chance that we'll get a dark theme/night mode option in the future, or is that option only open to users who choose to root?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will we ever have an option for a dark theme in Android 5 or later, similar to 4.4?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is hope, but until it is official it is only hope. Android N Feature Spotlight: Night Mode Is Back With Expanded Features Including A Red Filter And Lo...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Will we ever have an option for a dark theme in Android 5 or later, similar to 4.4?
VZWGalaxyS4
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is great news, thanks!

0 Likes