Xperia text issue
Noel_jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have disabled stamina, rebooted the phone, used multiple stock and third party apps, filed insurance for a different phone...no solution..phone sends literally 10 duplicate texts to random contacts..no rhyme or reason..is there any fixing this?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Xperia text issue
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine started doing the same thing and Verizon tech support investigated my phone and everything and told me i either needed to use the messenger plus app, which is horrible all the way around, or check other apps to make sure one of them wasn't doing it. no solution. i have the same apps I've had for months and haven't added any new ones and this problem only started a month or 2 ago. So we are stuck dealing with it until Verizon decides if it wants to update it or not. Its getting ridiculous, the z3 is about to go to 6.0 and got 5 moths ago and here we are stuck on 4.4.4 and a new bug pops up every couple months with no fix. 16 more days and it will have been a year since our one year and 3 month old phone has had anything.

0 Likes
Noel_jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is insanity! I don't know what else to try and the fact that Verizon is fully aware of the issue yet offers no real resolution AND makes no attempts to allow you to actually change phones without paying a ridiculous amount..which I also find humorous bc it's the "value of the phone"..a phone that doesn't function properly isn't worth what I'm still paying on it monthly as it is let alone additional just to get one that works...has all left me beyond frustrated and wondering if it's worth staying with this provider if this is how customers are treated. A known faulty device with no solution and no option to change to a unit that works..customer service fail in my opinion!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sounds like you have done most of the basic troubleshooting steps Noel. We certainly want your text messages to be sent only once and not multiple times. You indicate that you have filed an insurance claim, how long ago was this? Replacement may have to be done by the insurance company.
I would like to get some additional information and check my resources for options to resolve. What Xperia phone model do you have? Xperia Play or Xperia Z3v? You mention using multiple applications, have you used Verizon Messages? If not, please download at this link and test: http://bit.ly/13rcZfv

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Noel_jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently use Verizon messages. I believe I received the replacement

phone in November. I have the z3 xperia.

[Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ndartz91 - I'm sure having those messages duplicate can be quite a nuisance. I certainly don't want you to have to continue dealing with that issue. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with this matter. Please go into Settings>Battery and check to see if Stamina mode is enabled on your device. If it is, please disabled it and then power off the device and retest your messaging to check for duplication. Please keep us posted with your findings.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Noel_jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately I have already done this as well and no it has not resolved

the issue.

[Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Noel.jade,

I appreciate all of the steps you have taken so far. We are not giving up here yet. May I have you mark your texts that are being sent out multiple times. You may just send out a blank text to "#832" this will help us keep track of which are being sent as duplicates.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Noel_jade
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I need to send a blank text to #832?

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's go through the steps I took. Phone started resending messages- factory reset the phone. Problem continued. Got a new sim card. Problem continued. Called tech support -couldn't find a problem and sent me to a "different level" of tech support. Couldn't find a problem. Made a ticket (NRB000008200167) to be investigated. Got a call saying there was nothing wrong and I needed to use messenger plus from verizon or deal with the problem because there was nothing they could do. Messenger plus is great if you don't want to receive mms messages or half of anything else... I won't use it, it [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] . I only use stamina mode when my phone is almost dead, which rarely happens, so that's not a factor. This whole thing is [removed] . In 2 days marks a year since this 1 year and 3 month old phone has had any sort of update... No stagefright fix, no bug fixes, no HD voice, no simultaneous voice and data, both of which we were promised was coming, and no resolution from verizon for us to get out of contract to get a new phone or have the balance waived to get a new phone. Sony is about to push 6.0 and here we are on 4.4.4 still. And I'm stuck with 2 of these phones. They are great phones, just need updated so some of these problems will be fixed and we can get what we were told would happen.

0 Likes