YouTube 1440P for the LG G3
B33
Legend

Was just looking on Droid Life and seen the above:  1440p = progressive  Wow  I thought 1080i or 1080p was Crazy Good when viewing some content on the Tube but it seems with the New update that has just came out supposedly with the new LG G3 you can choose 1440p to see those great Videos in a stunning new way..  Neat.! Smiley Happy b33

1440p Showing Up as a YouTube Quality Option on the LG G3 | Droid Life

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: YouTube 1440P for the LG G3
nclawless
Enthusiast - Level 2

this is several months after your original post. But are you still able to watch 1440 P or even 1080p from YouTube without extensive buffering. I have excellent WiFi service yet anything 1080 P or 1440 P buffer like crazy any suggestions?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

This Post was on the mentioning of the Service,  For myself I have not seen it yet even on my computer which clearly can utilize High Def. my phones capabilities can only go up to 1080P as for 1440P I haven't heard hardly much on it Don't know even if it's still available but on some Videos they only can go up 480P..  YouTube gets updated at least once a month or every other month so you might check to see if you have the latest...

0 Likes
nclawless
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you so much for the reply. I recently obtained the LG g3 with the 1440 p video capability but like I said every video that's 1080p or above buffers like crazy so I've been trying to find if anyone else is having the same issue and find a solution. again thank you for the reply.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome you might do a Google Search on the 1440P and see what comes up)  It may show some sample videos or Videos that are being shot in 1440 and doing a search on YouTube may show something as well and check with the settings that might help in getting it to work but I'd say the best way to see this type of Video would be Wi-Fi and have a Really Fast Router)   I have NETGEAR  N600 Router and my computer at times wants ta kind of Buffer with YouTube and this is with Cox Cables Premier internet package.. 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here's a Sample Video of 1440P  and when you click on the Settings this is doing it VIA using a Computer it shows even a Higher Setting of 2160P which I have never seen up until seeing this Video

Here is this Video Via YouTube:

4K Demo UHD 1440p - YouTube

0 Likes
nclawless
Enthusiast - Level 2

b33 thank you for all the help. I actually am testing something I just found on another forum. LG g3 specifically turn off the battery saver for wifi option on the advanced wi-fi settings. According to the forum this actually turns off the battery saver which lets wife I run at full capacity. I've tried it on one video so far it works like a charm but I was going to wait until I tried more videos before I posted the results hopefully it works thanks again.

B33
Legend

Your Welcome.. Did you like the Video I added The Meal the Chef was working on Made me Hungry  Kind of wished smell a vision could be kicked in but as for the Video it was really done in Tasteful way..

0 Likes
nclawless
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did enjoy many aspects of the video, thank you.  Also it was a great tester for me.  So, it seems, anyone with LG G3 (or any 1080p+ capable device) may be able to fix buffering issues by UNDOING the battery saver for WiFi setting in their advanced WiFi settings.  Now I don't want to throw my phone in the pool. Haha

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey sound like Good AdviceSmiley Happy..

0 Likes