Z3V Battery Issues
someguy2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Everyone,

I have noticed my battery life on the Z3V is short when leaving the phone in standby.  The battery drains quicker than I expect.  About 25% overnight.  When I look at the battery stats the "Phone App" is second on the list of applications and it says that it is keeping the phone awake "wakelock".  The Awake line on the battery graph is always on (solid blue bar).  I have tried turning everything off (airplane mode).  I have turned on Ultimate Stamina.  The phone always says it is awake.  Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Rich

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Z3V Battery Issues
someguy2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay - thanks for the help.  It turns out that I had to roll back the Google Play Services to the factory version and that seemed to fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is an app of some kind.  Use GSAM app to run for a day and check which app it is.

0 Likes
someguy2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply.  When I use GSAM app is it listed as "Combined App Wakelock".

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Tap the picture of the vacuum cleaner (looks more like an old-fashioned oil can to me) and look at what is sucking power, and then switch views to wakelocks.

0 Likes
someguy2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

The top app by CPU is GSAM Battery App.  The top wakelock is "Combined App Wakelock".

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I understand that, but within that Combined Wakelock info is more info as to what is waking the CPU.  Might take some digging around or more than one days use.

0 Likes
someguy2015
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay - thanks for the help.  It turns out that I had to roll back the Google Play Services to the factory version and that seemed to fix it.

0 Likes