android nougat update.
tgs

android nougat update. now apps disappearing from home screen every time I restart phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: android nougat update.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you clear the cache partition after the update? If that didn't work you may have to backup the phone with kies or smart switch and do a full backup and then do the dreaded factory reset .

0 Likes
tgs

Didn't help.  Seems to be apps that are on the SD card that disappear.  Seen reports that this is a common problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Move the apps back to the internal memory space?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep your apps from disappearing, tgs. Which device do you have? Were you able to try Ann154's suggestion of moving the apps back to the phone's internal storage?

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

SD cards, in general are slower than the internal memory on the device if the launcher loads before the apps on the SD card do, they won't be seen in time to load onto your homescreen.

0 Likes