contacts not syncing to the cloud????
greatnate25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the LG G3 and the LG GPAD 7 inch tablet. The Verizon cloud app is Installed on both devices because I use the Message+ app so I can text with either my tablet or phone. Today I noticed after I texted a new contact of mine that the tablet did not update contact in my address book.

So I attempted to sync both devices with the Verizon Cloud app. The tablet synced with no errors but the LG G3 phone for some reason only the sync of the contacts fail. So since they are both android devices I tried using Google to sync the contacts and again the tablet has no problems, but the LG G3 syncs everything but the contacts and the contacts fail with and error that says to please try again later.

I have my phone set up to sync automatically so the real shock came when I saw the date of the last sync for the contacts was 2 months ago. However, every other category synced less than 24 hours ago.

This just seams to be a tad odd that both Google and Verizon Clouds both fail when attempting to sync the contacts but succeed in syncing everything else? I've cleared the cache, stopped the services, rebooted the phone, and even went through my contacts To get rid of some of them because I was over 400. I made sure the phone's OS was up-to-date. I also checked and I specifically disabled the contact syncs for all other apps except Google apps, Verizon apps, and my MS Exchange account for work. So apps like Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, etc do not sync their contacts to my address book. However all the native apps were never disabled.

Any suggestions to why the Contacts refuse to sync on my LG G3 but sync with no problem on my tablet? 

This almost seams to be a software issue because the same software on a different device works without any issues???

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: contacts not syncing to the cloud????
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We need to get your contacts syncing again greatnate25! I appreciate the trouble shooting you have done so far. Are you able to see your contacts on the website? Can you uninstall the Cloud and reinstall and tell me if it works?  If still doesn't work, I would like you to put on safe mode http://vz.to/1B23xCI to see if will work. Keep us posted.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

greatnate25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to remove both my VZW Cloud account and app and remove my gmail account from the phone and re-add them both to get them to both sync again. That's a little extreme? What would have caused that to do that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

greatnate25,

Thank you for completing those steps.  I'm glad to hear everything ins synching properly again for you. It's difficult to advise what exactly caused the issue at this point in time, but this was definitely an extreme case.  I wouldn't expect that you'd have to continue to take these steps.  Please let us know if anything continues.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes