Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
dfndr is holding me hostage
medtran

how do I remove DFNDR from my Galaxy J3?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: dfndr is holding me hostage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
medtran
 Thank you for reaching out to us. My first suggestion is going to be a factory reset of the device. Make sure that Auto-restore is turned off and reset the device.
Second method:
  1. Frist of all, switch off the cell phone by pressing the Power button.
  2. Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power key until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3
0 Likes
medtran

Already tried this. Did not work. It would not allow me to disable DFNDR  as a device administrator. That is why I was stuck. I had disabled accessibility earlier and tried to swipe the icon to the trash and it did not work. When I turned on accessibility, I swiped the icon  and it removed it - finally. Thanks for your recommendation. My next step was to email Psafe.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
medtran
 Thank you for reaching out to us. My first suggestion is going to be a factory reset of the device. Make sure that Auto-restore is turned off and reset the device.
Second method:
  1. Frist of all, switch off the cell phone by pressing the Power button.
  2. Afterwards press and hold together: Volume Up + Home + Power key until you see Samsung logo.
  3. Then select from Recovery Mode menu "wipe data / factory reset" using Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.
0 Likes