direct dial not completing
ROBPAT90

lg v20 after last update 13A my direct dial widget does not auto dial. it open the number but you have to press dial key.

anybody know a fix

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: direct dial not completing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this. What troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far?

EstebanP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MHoda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. As far as troubleshooting goes, I could only think of 3 things:

1) Restart my phone (did not solve the problem)

2) Check for an update for the phone app but it is a system app (not from the play store) so there is no way to check for or perform an update.

3) Check for a more recent system update (none available. My most recent update was on 1/17/17 to 13A the same as ROBPAT90)

GS12RIDER
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. Any help?

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

That is how the Direct Dial software was coded by its developer (Google) with the recent android software versions. (Not just LG, Samsung also for example). The change may have been driven by user request to avoid misdials by hitting the widget in error to add an additional layer pre-dial.

Aside from submitting feedback to the software developer requesting that feature be altered again (email- blax.software@gmail.com) you could also check out some of the many other apps available in the Google Play store offerring dialing widgets for one with features you prefer.

0 Likes
GS12RIDER
Enthusiast - Level 1

What is odd is that I have three direct dial widgets that work perfectly fine. The problem occurs when I try to add a fourth.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps there is more than one phone number (mobile, home, work) and you have not selected the default number?

0 Likes
GS12RIDER
Enthusiast - Level 1

Only one number. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GS12RIDER, thank you for all these additional details. I just tested this on my device, and being a different brand. but currently on Nougat; I was not able to recreate this issue. I created four contacts, and all dialed out upon pressing the respective Direct Dial widget.

I will forward this issue to our teammates that can attempt to recreate this device issue with the LG V20's current software.

Please keep us posted if anything changes in the meantime. Thank you everyone.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
momarlon

I had the same problem. I found the Fast Dial Widget that works perfectly. I also like that the home screen widget images are larger. It's a shame that I had to go to a third party app to get the functionality that should be a default function.

0 Likes