early termination fee???
melonie85

My contract is up on 5/22/2014.  Can anyone tell me what the early termination fee would be if I were to terminate service this week?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: early termination fee???
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have a basic or smart phone

Smart phone

$350-$10 per month completed

Basic phone

$175-$5 per month completed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have a basic or smart phone

Smart phone

$350-$10 per month completed

Basic phone

$175-$5 per month completed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This week?  That would be before the 22nd, so you would have 20 months of completed service -

$350-$200 = $150 for a smartphone

$175-$100 = $75 for a basic phone

And that's the phone you had on  the line at the start of the contract, not necessarily the same one that's on the line now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

melonie85,

We're saddened to hear that you are considering this option! We hope to turn things around.

Was there a particular reason you were looking to cancel your service with us? Please share more details.

EFrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cartuner08

I am thinking of doing the same. Just paying my ETF and going to AT&T. I'm on my second phone in my two year service (had to buy one off EBAY b/c when my other one bit the dust it was out of warranty) and I really don't feel like paying an extra $20+ a month for a phone. Also AT&T has a cheaper plan compared to what I have and it comes with more. I have two lines and through y'all, that would cost me $150 for just 4 GB of data compared to AT&T 10 GB at $130. That's w/o my discount either, so in all I'd save a bit of money by switching. Verizon has nothing to beat AT&T.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello cartuner08. We definitely would be saddened to see you leave the VZW family. We're here to help out! Did you know that we also offer a plan similar to the one you are looking for? Our 10 GB More Everything plan starts at $100.00, and just like the service you are considering, if you are on our Edge program for your next device/s, your smartphone line fee is also reduced to $15.00. Two lines on the 10 GB plan would also cost $130.00. Your employee discount (if available) will still apply to the $100.00 plan price.

The monthly totals come out to about the same (between both companies) when you include the monthly phone payment, and taxes. Here are a few links to help go over all these details, cartuner08. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

http://vz.to/1g1tZxD

http://vz.to/M7e5Zb

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cartuner08

Hello,

I was basing all my info off the website. The website doesn't mention

anything about receiving the $15 off if I was on the edge plan. I believe

the website has it listed for $150 ( might be incorrect as I don't have it

up ATM) for the 10 GB plan.

On Apr 29, 2014 9:18 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Not applicable

You do realize to get that plan at At&t you have to be on their Next plan( same as Verizon's Edge ) which means paying full price for the phone over time. Or paying for them all upfront. In at&t's case you pay over 20 months if you want to upgrade after 12 months or over 26 months if you want to upgrade after 18 months. And the monthly cost of the phone is in addition to the $130. Unless as I said, you pay for the full retail cost all upfront.

Verizon has that exact same plan except you pay over 24 months and you can upgrade again after 12 months. If you were on Verizon's edge plan with 10 GB of data you'd pay $15 for each line plus $100 for the data for a total of $130 just like at&t. And of course the montly cost of the phones. Point is you're not saving with at&t.

0 Likes
Back_Woods
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm about to leave for the above reasons, because Verizon isn't getting any of the decent phones coming out and because of the utterly horrible update to the GSIII that they never fixed. You end up with two choices, either the HTC One(M8) or the GS5. Neither interest me, I would much rather have the Oppo Find 7, OnePlus One, or Sony Xperia Z2. Verizon needs to up it's game if it expects to keep customers.

chayes627

Do the math, you pay over the full cost of a high end phone over a 2 year contract.

Cost of phone up front - $200 or more

Cost difference between edge plan access and contract access with 10gb - $25 ($15 edge $40 contract)

Total over 2 years - $25 x 24 = $600 + $200 = $800

0 Likes