fluctuating signal and wifi connection
mrsstaceyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this issue with my Xperia Z3V - and it's gone from frustrating to infuriating and even dangerous.  Both WiFi and signal are constantly in flux - both indoor and outdoor, while stationary and moving, in town and out.  I have been with people who are also on Verizon and had calls dropped repeatedly while their phones - a foot away from my own - have perfect service.

I nearly missed being present at a loved one's bedside because the call from the doctor telling me I needed to head there didn't go through, and then dropped when they finally got a hold of me.

I recently had to travel out of town and nearly ended up 100 miles off course because I had no connectivity with any kind of data.  If I had been in an accident I wouldn't have been able to dial 911!

I pay a ludicrous amount of money per month on a phone less than 2 years old, and this is ABSURD.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: fluctuating signal and wifi connection
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problems. I have called and complained and this is the 2nd replacement I've had that does it. Tech support has done everything they can including a network investigation and have found no problems. They just tell me oh, well, we can go ahead and approve you to do an early upgrade... Oh, ok, so you and Sony can't get over yourselves long enough to fix a phone so you are going to give me permission to BUY a new phone at full price with no sorry or anything? Thanks verizon. Oh and now since a ton of people are pre ordering the iPhone 7, Verizon thought it would be a great idea to stop waiving upgrade fees online so there is another $20 we have permission from verizon to spend...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It concerns us to hear about your service issues, mrsstaceyc. We want your phone to work everywhere you go. Let's figure this out together. When did this start for you? Has there been any recent changes on your phone?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problems. I have called and complained and this is the 2nd replacement I've had that does it. Tech support has done everything they can including a network investigation and have found no problems. They just tell me oh, well, we can go ahead and approve you to do an early upgrade... Oh, ok, so you and Sony can't get over yourselves long enough to fix a phone so you are going to give me permission to BUY a new phone at full price with no sorry or anything? Thanks verizon. Oh and now since a ton of people are pre ordering the iPhone 7, Verizon thought it would be a great idea to stop waiving upgrade fees online so there is another $20 we have permission from verizon to spend...

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

All the connection problems (GPS too) started with the last update we got that took us to 5.1.1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ndratz91,

Updates are designed to improve the phone, not harm. Our apologies that you are having trouble with the device staying connected. Let’s look at the details. Can you stay connected at all? Aside from the update, did you download or change anything else? Do you back up your phone?

JenelleR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ndratz91
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is the 3rd phone I've had and they have all had the problem. It is not an app issue and it is not a hardware issue. These problems did not start until the last software update. The phone does not lose connection. It just won't load data like it's having problems communicating. GPS does the same thing. I have had tech support do every test they can and investigate the problems to the fullest extent they can. Even investigate possible network issues. It is the software update that caused the problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ndratz91 I know how much I depend on my phone. Let's make sure you can depend on yours always. I have sent you a Private Message so we can take a closer look.

RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes
mrsstaceyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, verizon was SO GRACIOUS as to allow me to spend even more money - JUST DAYS AFTER I LOST MY HOME IN A HURRICANE, mind you - to buy a new phone a couple months early. And since I didn't have an address, I couldn't even take advantage of the replacement (which probably wouldn't have worked, since refurbished phones are garbage) I would have gotten through the insurance I pay every month.

And now, MIRACULOUSLY? MY BILL HAS GONE UP BY $20 A MONTH

GREAT SERVICE. JUST. SUPER GREAT. COULDN'T BE [Removed] HAPPIER.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes