forced software updates
danahoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have just had to do a forced software update on my Stylo 2 for the 5th time in the last 2 days. the first was 10/23/18 updated to vs83520g @ 10:55 am cdt, the second was on 10/23/18 @ 1:00 pm to version vs83520h, then it says software updated to vs83520i on 10/23/18 at 5pm cdt, then updated to vs83520j 10/24/18 at 10:33 am cdt, and now updated to vs83520k on 10/24/18 /2 12:40 pm cdt. How often do I have to update and can I cancel the automatic updates?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: forced software updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

danahoff, I certainly share your sentiment about having had to complete so many updates on your phone in 2 days. Help is here. The good news is that I was able to confirm that software version VS83520k is the latest update available for the LG Stylo 2. Since you had to complete so many updates in 2 days, do you update your phone regularly? Updating your phone can help to ensure that your phone is up to date so that you may have the best experience possible. Because updates are released by the phone manufacturer LG, we would not be able to provide a definitive timetable of how often a phone update is available. In addition, my research of your phone model shows that software updates must be done manually, as no automatic setting is available. Let us know if this information is helpful.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
danahoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I always update when it tells me to, however I've never had it update this

many times in 2 days.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:15 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

how old was the phone when you bought it, maybe it had to do updates incrementally??

0 Likes
danahoff
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a brand new phone replaced through asurion

bearone21
Legend

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is quite a lot for just a couple days, danahoff. It could be that it was powered off for a long time with Asurion, and updates had not been completed. 

If it continues to happen, you can reach out to Asurion for troubleshooting, as they have a 12-month warranty on all their devices. 

Asurion: 888-881-2622 or online: http://bit.ly/T3945e  

Vanessa_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes