how can I move contact info from my trash file in the cloud and back to the contacts in cloud?
ronsauto

how can I move contact info from my trash file in the cloud and back to the contacts in cloud? I got a new phone and all my contacts are gone. But in checking the info in the cloud I found all my contacts were moved to the trash file. How can I move the info back to the contacts file?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can I move contact info from my trash file in the cloud and back to the contacts in cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help! If contacts are currently in the "trash" folder, they would not restore to your device. Are you accessing the cloud from your device or via a computer?

TylerK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: how can I move contact info from my trash file in the cloud and back to the contacts in cloud?
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

@ronsauto go into the trash, check the contacts you want restored to your contact list and click on the restore icon in the top right.  It kind of looks like a rectangle with wings.

0 Likes
R1RobUSA

My Droid Turbo 2 had many issues the last couple of day's so much that I am getting a warranty replacement. In the mean time my contacts are also in the trash in the Cloud and I can't access the trash for some reason. I will say this I believe that my phone had a virus the last couple of days when I finally go it to do a reset from the web then it started acting right again everything except the USB/Charging port. I NEED to get my contacts. The SD card also crashed and burned and wiped itself..... ANY help please would be most appreciated.....R1Rob

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use Google to back up your contacts for an Android phone - you can do both Verizon cloud and Google, but you r contact list will get confusing (multiple copies of contact info).  It's better to stick with one type of contact and backup.

I prefer Google, for a number of reasons (one is that is that it stays with me and my Google account, regardless of carrier).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

R1RobUSA, saving those contacts is absolutely important. We are sorry to hear that you have been struggling with your phone. With the contacts showing that they are in the trash, simply follow the steps in this link, to restore your contacts http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-79208/.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NJMagicman
Contributor - Level 2

R1RobUSA Not being able to retrieve them from the trash seems like there might be something wonky with your account.  Have you tried contacting customer support or the developer's mailbox?

0 Likes