how do I connect my smart phone to verizon hotspots
billkrebsbach

how do I connect my smart phone verizon hot spots ?  I am attempting to reduce the amount of mobile data that I use monthly.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I connect my smart phone to verizon hotspots
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to be able to use WiFi, billkrebsbach. To connect to a hotspot connection, you would simply enter in the password or login info for the particular hotspot you want to connect to. Locations that offer a hotspot provided by Verizon would have their information available from the business owners were it is located at.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dubowik

To connect to a Verizon hotspot, where do I enter a password?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you are trying to use the hotpot app on your phone, I think you may be confused. This app turns your phone into a WiFi connection for other device and uses your mobile data to do so. This is the opposite of what you are trying to accomplish.  If you want to not use mobile data then you need to learn how to mange WiFi connections in the WiFi setting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reducing data usage is a must, sprmankalel. When you locate a Verizon Hotspot connection you would connect to it just like any other WiFi connection. The password would pop up when you choose that connection in your WiFi settings. Since we do not have the password for those, you would need to ask the business owner of where the connection is found for that.
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes