how to stop data roaming notification
BILBAL

Since last update to my phone HTC 10. Every time data is roaming I get my default notification telling me data is roaming. How do I stop that notification. A couple of places I go I get and endless string of notifications, I have to silence my phone to stop it. It also happens on second HTC 10 phone on my account. I just want to stop the notification. PLEASE help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how to stop data roaming notification
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Can't you turn Roaming OFF to get rid of the Notifications?  What Roaming options do you have in Settings?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
BILBAL

Phone is set to "Deny data roaming access"

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

If you turn Cell Data OFF when in those locations, do you still get the notifications?  I would think if 'Data roaming access' is set to 'Deny data roaming access' then any notifications relating to it would be suppressed.  I recall when in Northern Vermont near the Canadian border, I had roaming set to 'Deny' on my Droid Turbo 2 and I did NOT get notifications of roaming.  Maybe someone from VZW Customer Services or Technical Services can weigh in here, sooner or later on whether this is different for the HTC models?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BILBAL

I understand your concerns with receiving this data roaming notification on your HTC 10 device. I would love to assist.

Where exactly are you located when you receive this notification; city and zip code? Have you tried the steps suggested by @jav6? Please let me know what was your result?

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BilBal, making sure you only receive the notifications that you want is a priority. Allow us the opportunity to guide you in the right path to resolve this concern. Can you please follow the steps below to make sure the persistent location notification sound and notification is disabled;

1. Settings > Apps
  2. Tap on 3 dots at the top right hand corner > select show system
  3. Select System UI > tap App notifications
  4. Tap VZW
  5. Change the importance to Low: No sound or visual interruption

Please keep us updated on the progress. 

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
BILBAL

My Zip code is 79245, problem happens every morning when I go to Sonic (once or twice, depending on how long I in drive up line). When I go into grocery store (about 6 or 7 times while in store). Went into System UI, app notification, No sound or visual interruption is grayed out and can not be turned on

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see we are all responding at about the same time, BILBAL. I’m checking in since it’s been a couple of days. Have the suggested steps in this thread helped?

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BILBAL

Nothing has worked so far. 12 notifications while in the grocery store today, had to turn phone off! Did finally get importance set to "LOW No sound or visual interruption" still get notified!!

0 Likes
BILBAL

Still driving me crazy. I work on EMS and have to stop and check on every single data roaming notification since my default notification is used to contact me for second out calls for the ambulance. I really need some help. Is there a way to undo last update and stop it from happening again. I'm getting to the point where I am considering changing providers, been verizon customer for years, but this is TOO MUCH to deal with

0 Likes