lg v10 doesn't stream music with Bluetooth since latest update
JDUB57
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I first purchased the phone in December 2015 it worked great with Bluetooth. The update in Jan  it would connect and play for a few seconds and then disconnect.  It will call out and receive calls thru bluetooth but that's it. Tried everything trying to find a fix. Verizon sent me another phone and I didn't apply the update and it worked fine. When the updates went thru on its own one night is been the same exact issue ever since. This is a major problem that needs to be addressed. It's bad enough that some features don't work when you are on a call. Never had this problem with my note 3.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg v10 doesn't stream music with Bluetooth since latest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDUB57 -  Time has come to get you listening to your music via your Bluetooth device. I undestand how you feel as I am always listening to my music via my Bluetooth. Can you please tell me what app you are using to listen to your music? Are you able to use You Tube with your Bluetooth?
JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JDUB57
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't matter which app. I use. Whenever I touch the Bluetooth on my radio it disconnects on my lg v10. I can go directly to my other phones and they connect without any issue. All it will do is connect during calls. It will automatically disconnect media. Before the update there was no issues

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only thing I can think to do would be to unpair and repair the device with the Bluetooth radio.

0 Likes
JDUB57
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's been done numerous times. It's the update that was sent out on January. I even updated the software on my radio.

0 Likes
Leahx1127
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does this happen to be with a BT car kit by any chance? I'm periodically having the same issue with my car, at least three times a week it will disconnect from the car mid song. I fortunately have not witnessed this happed with any bt speaker though.

0 Likes
JDUB57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it is for my car. I only use my bluetooth currently in my car

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JDUB57,

Streaming music in the vehicle, gets me through all my drives. We aren’t giving up.
I’ve checked, and there are no known concerns released to us from the manufacturer on the connection. What happens if when you connect your device to a different Bluetooth source? Does the media connection still drop?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JDUB57
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well there are allot of issues with people having this same problem ever since the update. Remember verizon sent me a replacement phone and it worked fine until the update went thru on its on. I don't use other Bluetooth devices. It will transfer data between my other phones thru Bluetooth. And my other phones connect to my vehicle with no issues

0 Likes
Vball280

Adding to this string....

My V10 will not connecting to either my Nissan vehicle or even my Dell Latitude E7450 to play audio files.  My previous Galaxy S4 had/has no problems doing so.  However, the V10 will connect for calls (Nissan) but not for audio use for either external device.

Has any progress been made to resolve this issue? 

0 Likes