lg v10 frozen to black screen
Farmgirl59
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY LG V10 PHONE STAYS ON BLACK SCREEN. I CAN GET IT TO SAFE MODE, BUT STILL NOTHING.HAVE TAKEN BATTERY OUT SEVERAL TIMES, SAME THING HAPPENS. WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg v10 frozen to black screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help Farmgirl59. I know how important it is to make sure your phone is up and running. I appreciate you trying all those troubleshooting steps.

When did this start? Do you recall what you were accessing on the phone when the phone froze and the screen went black?

Please visit http://vz.to/2xvwJ8U and try these steps. Please keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ERICCI85

Hello,

I'm having what I call a similar issue with my LG V10. I've tried power cycling by pulling the battery and pressing the power and alternative power + volume down buttons till the LG boot screen appears and then it blacks out.

I had this issue back in February and put in a claim with Assurion. They provided me a refurbished replacement which is what I'm now using and receiving the same blank power up screen with. I've contacted them and they are willing to replace the phone under a 12 month refurbishment warranty but I'm concerned this is a recurring issue with the V10 and G4 LG products that will resurface with another replacement. Also, I've acquired recent family photos, videos and audio that I'm not entirely confident are backed up anyway and I'm reluctant to do anything until I'm able to retrieve them off of this device. I'm considering engaging LG to review and potentially repair the phone, but at this point I'm not sure what the best course of action is.

Any assistance would be appreciated. PS...I just paid this device off this billing cycle and I'm not really interested in entertaining the notion of getting into a new device repayment plan, especially when I wasn't able to get through 24 months with this device issue free.

Regards,

Ed [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
jmanhart1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had a similar issue and lg fixed under warranty. However the problem happened again a few months later outside my warranty period. They will not fix under the warranty even though they never really fixed it properly the first time. I still owe a lot on the phone and it doesn't work. I am finding LG products to be inferior and will go back to Samsung. These devices cost $800+ and do not last 2 years. This is a real problem which I cannot figure a way out.

0 Likes
SANDQUAD
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info SANDQUAD. Getting your device working how we know it can is a must. Does this happen when using a certain application? How long has this been going on for? 

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes