my moto e5 Play I do not like sharing my contacts with my google account
motoe001
Enthusiast - Level 1

I backup my cells internal and card data every month or so to my laptop.  Couple days ago I go to look in contact folder to see if it shows my contacts.  Can't find them.

So I see where I can export contacts to a .vcf file, which I have never done and I do and then copy that file to my laptop and an encrypted USB drive card.

google is on my cell and appears a duplicate list of my contacts.  I don't want google to have list.  I export those contacts to a .csv folder and then to my laptop and usb card. 

Problem is exporting those contacts removes them from view on my moto e5 play contacts.  not good.  I see where I can reclaim those exported contacts to my google account and I do.

What I would like to do and before I do stop giving permission to google for access to my phone or contacts.  Then export again all google contacts except say for one contact to a .csv file I will store on my laptop, cell phone card or usb card.

And as before will back up my files including Moto e5 play *.vcf file once a month.

Will this work to keep my contacts away from google?  And if anyone is wondering why, my answer would be, why not?

I have called customer support and asking one agent this question did not work and no did chat understand what I was trying to do.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Re: my moto e5 Play I do not like sharing my contacts with my google account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to consider not having an android phone if you don't want to share your information with Google. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

motoe001
Enthusiast - Level 1

IOS is no better.  How is my question has no answer by tech support.  Oh I am sorry tech support is busy telling others like me what I want to do is impossible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Motoe001, we know that not everybody wants their contacts stored on other accounts, and would prefer them backed up elsewhere. Your android device is tied with your Google account, and your device will sync the Contacts automatically. Are you seeing your contacts stored in your Google account in the Google Contacts? You may be able to view the Settings/Accounts within your Google account, and remove your contacts. That way, they will not be backed up there. Let us know if that works.    EricaG_VZW

0 Likes