note 4 continuously asking to select home app
danie26

I am so annoyed... after updating to lollipop my phone is continuously asking me to select a home app everytime I press the home key when exiting an app... I have tried going into settings and making it a default for all apps but the problem still persists... I have even disabled Google (since this was a fix that worked before). .. I'm so tired of it askin me this everytime I exit an application. .. does anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: note 4 continuously asking to select home app
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can totally understand how annoying this can be danie26! We want to make sure you phone is in tip top shape. Have you downloaded any new applications? Does it ask in a specific application? Does it give you the option to select "always"? You can put the phone on safe mode  http://vz.to/1LdBvpy like cFizel suggested to see if there is a problem application.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CFizel

I had the exact same problem. The "select a home app" option is for the touch wiz. My issue with this started after my most recent update. I put my Note 4 into safe mode first. You press and hold the power key for about 2 seconds. Then when your power off options come up on the screen you press and hold power off until restart in safe mode shows up. Prest that. Sage Mode disables all of the third party apps from the play all at once. All you have is the core system running at thus point. You will notice that it does not have this problem in safe mode. To take your phone out of safe mode, just drag down your window shade and press the safe mode notification and it will give you the option to take the phone out of safe mode. This means that the issue your having is caused by a Google play store app you downloaded. I had to remove a ton apps because I could not figure out which one was causing it. But in the process I did remove the problem app. You must do the same.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I can totally understand how annoying this can be danie26! We want to make sure you phone is in tip top shape. Have you downloaded any new applications? Does it ask in a specific application? Does it give you the option to select "always"? You can put the phone on safe mode  http://vz.to/1LdBvpy like cFizel suggested to see if there is a problem application.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
melsbarns

I had same problem. I Uninstalled apps I did not use.  so far it's worked.

0 Likes
BamaJama2

I had the same problem it popped up continuously.  My pop-up had 2 programs to select from. I chose "Weather Home - Live Radar Alerts & Widget" Its in the play store with a smaller title in Green "My Home Apps" I just uninstalled it and now all is well. The other app was a uwi app. I didn't uninstall that one just the weather one.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes