power button
FLAMEANDCROSS
Enthusiast - Level 1

is there a way to restart your phone with the power off and the power button not working

Labels (1)
Re: power button
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes plugging in the phone to a power outlet will cause the phone to turn on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working phone Flameandcross. We are more than happy to assist with your device concerns. What make and model phone do you have? What exactly happens when you press and hold the power button? Is there any physical damage to your phone? 

Thank You,

Michelle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUT520
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a power button issue as well. My power button won't do anything on my Pixel. I press it, hold it, and nothing. I would like to restart my phone, but am unable too. Screenshots are also off the table without the button working. Its not broken or anything. It presses, just doesn't work anymore. Its only a little more than a year old.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SUT520,

I'm sorry to learn of any issues with the power key on your Pixel. I'd like to ask a few questions, to gather some information. Which model Pixel is it? When did this begin? Are you able to power the phone off and on? Please clarify for me. 

Christina_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUT520
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's the pixel. The first one. The issues of consistency started a few weeks back. But it's now unoperable starting last week. I can't turn it on or off. Holding the button down does nothing.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see, thank you for verifying those details for us SUT520. To confirm, have you tried to check your device to see if there are any pending software updates that need to be done, or what kind of troubleshooting steps if any have you already taken to correct the problem?

David_VZW

0 Likes