strange text message
idonthaveverizon

I do not have verizon but I received a text message that included a verizon website

It wasnt just me, i know 4 others who received the same text message at the same time

we all have total wireless service

i have contacted total wireless and verizon and no answers from either company

number it came from is 900080006204

//VZWVVM:STATUS:rc=2;st=U;vmg_url=https://mobile.vzw.com/VMGIMS/VMservice

its either some error code or spam

if you go to the website on a computer you get Error 404: SRVE0295E: Error reported: 404

any ideas if it is something i should worry about or just some kind of spam that hit at least 4 phones at the same time?

i posted this in android because we all have android phones

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: strange text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

idonthaveverizon-

We definitely apologize for the confusing text message. We are doing updates to our voice mail servers, but this should not affect non Verizon customers. I first recommend checking with your provider to see if they have more information and to ensure your voice mail is still properly set up. If you still have concerns we are happy to support you in any way that we can. Keep us posted.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is Total Wireless an MVNO prepaid carrier that uses the Verizon Wireless network?

Based on the message itself, I would think the system somehow thinks you have a new voicemail and it was expecting the phone to be capable of accessing the voicemail through the Visual Voicemail application. In other words, you have a new visual voicemail.

Since you are not a direct Verizon Wireless customer, I'm not sure what is going wrong. It might be a translation issue between Verizon Wireless and the MVNO carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
idonthaveverizon

ok thanks

no idea what a visual voicemail is

total wireless doesnt have those

and i checked i dont have any regular voicemails

so hoping its just a translation error

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visual voicemail is method of listening to your voicemail in the order you choose through an application on your phone without requiring you to dial into the voicemail system. Some carriers have the option and others don't.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

idonthaveverizon-

We definitely apologize for the confusing text message. We are doing updates to our voice mail servers, but this should not affect non Verizon customers. I first recommend checking with your provider to see if they have more information and to ensure your voice mail is still properly set up. If you still have concerns we are happy to support you in any way that we can. Keep us posted.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FlashDps

Im the user of verizen. I got same questions. Its not work in my new phone Oneplus with Android 11.  and i cant receiving texts message. but I can send the megssage. I can make a call and answer the phone. just cant receiving the texts.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes