update problems
samsungser

have a Samsung galaxy s5, my phone need an update now all my contacts and photos are gone, including SD card studd. Any way to get contacta and photoa back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: update problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

An update to your software should never be a detriment Samsunger.  Lets see what's going on here.  What happens when you look to access your contacts or your pictures?  What has occurred with your SD card?  Are you getting an error message?
MatthewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
samsungser

Nothing is there for pictures or contacts. Also, my sd card has a folder called lost.dir     

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
samsungser

also, when I plug my phone into the computer, the lost.dir folder doesn't have anything in it.

I didn't receive any error messages when this happened this morning

To: "jive-215781763-3jh2w-2-sxk4@verizonwireless.hosted.jivesoftware.com" <jive-215781763-3jh2w-2-sxk4@verizonwireless.hosted.jivesoftware.com>

Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2015 3:41 PM

Subject: Re: - update problems

Nothing is there for pictures or contacts. Also, my sd card has a folder called lost.dir 

From: Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com>

To: Amanda hardman <amandahardman@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, October 4, 2015 10:17 AM

Subject: - update problems

#yiv0910828392 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

update problems

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussionAn update to your software should never be a detriment Samsunger.  Lets see what's going on here.  What happens when you look to access your contacts or your pictures?  What has occurred with your SD card?  Are you getting an error message?

MatthewT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Were your contacts backed up at all prior to the update?  How about the other items?  If they were backed up using Verizon Cloud, then go into Verizon Cloud from a computer (you cannot do this from your phone).  Go to the trash can and find all of your items and move them back to where they belong (active contacts and picture folder.  Now also copy anything but the contacts to your computer.

Then use Contacts Optimizer to change all of your contacts over to Google Contacts, then set up either Google Drive or Dropbox and move your photos to there.

Then delete all of the contacts and photos from the cloud and force a Google Sync.  Then go into your cloud settings and uncheck the contacts and photos from there so nothing back's up to Verizon cloud.

Moving everything off of Verizons cloud will save you tons of headaches and lost contacts/photos in the future.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Samsungser, we want to be certain that your phone and information is secure. Have you ever backed your information up to the Verizon Cloud? If so, we can get that back again using the Cloud. Please go to the Play Store, select the Verizon Cloud, download and choose the Open Verizon Cloud to restore anything that was stored.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes