upgrade to galaxy S6 edge, wish my family use old galaxy S4, The device kept pop-up it lack of Verizon SIM. How can I unlock the old S4
slatery

I upgrade my device to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge. The old device install other carrier SIM card for my family. It work OK except not allow message transfer.

It pop up need verizon SIM. I go Verizon store in queens center, NYC. The staff said the device is unloak already. How can sent sent message.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: upgrade to galaxy S6 edge, wish my family use old galaxy S4, The device kept pop-up it  lack of Verizon SIM. How can I unlock the old S4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't send text messages without an active SIM card. You definitely can't use the Verizon Messages+ application on an inactive phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: upgrade to galaxy S6 edge, wish my family use old galaxy S4, The device kept pop-up it lack of Verizon SIM. How can I unlock the old S4
slatery

I use other party SIM. phone call and website view running OK except text message. I also download other message program but no luck. when I sent text the Verizon warming also pop up

0 Likes
Re: upgrade to galaxy S6 edge, wish my family use old galaxy S4, The device kept pop-up it lack of Verizon SIM. How can I unlock the old S4
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you add the APN for the other carrier?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
slatery

yes. try AT&T and T-Mobil SIM card already.

Did clean data and reboot software. The problem still there.

Thanks for help. I will use this device as backup phone only.

0 Likes