upgraded lost photos & ringtone but contacts transferred
JULWYO

I upgraded my old Samsung Stratosphere to a new Galaxy S6 recently. The representative at a Verizon Store did the transfer. My 100+ photos and ringtone are gone, but my contacts transferred ok.  What could have caused this?  Is there any way to retrieve them? The rep has worked with her Verizon support, they say the photos are out there somewhere but as of yet no one has been able to get them to download onto my new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: upgraded lost photos & ringtone but contacts transferred
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would never let a store rep do the transfer.

Do you still have the old phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JULWYO

I do still have the old phone. On the same day I transferred his old

phone to my old phone. He is using it now and has all his contacts and

photos, but not mine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who is he?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
JULWYO

Oops, was late when I replied....He is my husband. He took my old

phone, so we still have it and he is currently using it. I've searched

for my photos on the old phone but they aren't there either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like the store rep also factory reset the old phone. Unless you had backed them up to Google Photos or something else, they are likely gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULWYO,

We certainly hoped your upgrade experience would have been a better one indeed. As Ann154 mentioned it sounds like the store location may have performed a factory reset on the Stratosphere before activating it on your husbands line. With completing this step it would have removed any of the media saved to your device and would not be able to be retrieved. Did you happen to have a memory card inserted in the device by chance? 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JULWYO

I did come home with a memory card, I'm pretty sure I remember having it

in my phone. I did take it to the store, but I don't know if they were

able to access it. They said their tech people told them 400 pictures

were available for download. I was told by the store rep a work order

was initiated and a support tech would call me that night, but no one

called. I will take my memory card to Walgreen's and see what is on it.

I was told I had to purchase a new sim card for the new phone, but I was

not given the old sim card that was in my phone. I hope that doesn't

compromise my security somehow.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULWYO, I certainly want to do everything that we can to help with retrieving the photos you had on your Samsung Stratosphere. I know how important photos are because they can also be memories. Checking to see if your photos are on a memory card is definitely a good step. Do you happen to know if you ever transferred these photos to your computer or backed them up to Google Photos? You can click on the link below to visit Google Photos online where you can click on the blue "Go To Google Photos" button and sign in with the Google Account you had associated with your Samsung Stratosphere to see if your missing photos populate. I thought this was worth a try.

http://spr.ly/6580Dn7MQ

BrettA_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes