revtsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

all a sudden my visual voicemail stopped working on moto 5 plus

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: visual voicemail stopped working on moto 5 plus
lorenb_vzw
Verizon Employee

We know that checking your important missed calls is crucial and are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. While we cannot guarantee all features on non Verizon Wireless devices, what exactly happens when you attempt to retrieve a message? Any new apps, games or software? Are you connected to Wi-Fi when this happens?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response registry . This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
revtsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

A couple days before voicemail stopped working there was a system update from Motorola 4 cell phone

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

MINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact thing happened to me on my Moto G5. I updated to the new OS, Android 8.1.0, yesterday, then when I tried to check my Visual Voicemail, I got an error reading "This app is not supported." Following other advice elsewhere on the web, I uninstalled it, but now I see no way to re-install it or download a new Visual Voicemail app. I am completely without voicemail now. Please advise.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the phone dialer application to see if the visual voicemail function moved there like it is on the Pixel phones. You will likely need to remove the visual voicemail feature from your line in order to get the notifications for the basic non-visual voicemail offered by Verizon Wireless or the visual voicemail function by Google.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

revtsk, please make sure that your Visual Voicemail app has the most recent update. If that isn't the problem, please try uninstalling the app, then reinstalling it and let us know if any progress has been made.

StephannieP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone dialer does not appear to have any voicemail options that I can see. I can call in and get my voicemail, but I really liked the visual voicemail feature.

0 Likes
MINS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got an electronic letter from Verizon letting me know that I changed my settings and removed my voicemail add on, so I will no longer be charged for it. Not exactly, but ok. So I went back into My Verizon online account to "add ons" and re-added the Visual Voicemail feature. So now, I'm not sure what to do. Is the app supposed to magically reappear, or do I have to install it from somewhere? There are no instructions. FWIW, since the update, text messages from Verizon are coming through as gobbledy-gook. Perhaps these have the instructions?

Thanks in advance for your continued assistance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Solved: Verizon Visual Voice Mail App not supported Moto G5 Plus 8.1 - Lenovo Community

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
revtsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

AS VISUAL VOICE MAIL NOT AVAILABLE WITH NEW UPDATE ON MOTO 5 PHONE I WENT WITH YOUMAIL APP IN PLAY STORE AND ACTUALLY LIKE IT BETTER.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes