why is my 4G LTE so slow?
MICJAC8
Enthusiast - Level 1

why is my 4G LTE so slow? Download speeds ranging from 3 - 5 mbps.

MotoX Pure

Labels (1)
Re: why is my 4G LTE so slow?
stef7
Master - Level 2

Probably tower congestion. When you go somewhere else and perform a speed test, what do you get? "So slow" is in the eye of the beholder. Actually, some people would LOVE getting reliable 3-5Mbps speeds on download.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help, let's look into this. Are you still experiencing slow speeds? If so, what is your current zip code? When did the problem begin?

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KENBUR86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been experiencing the same issues. Zip code is 77656, but it happens all over the Southeast Texas area (Beaumont, Port Arthur). Speeds are sometimes less than 1 mbps. As an example, when scrolling thru Facebook or Twitter, pics will not even load.

I have the unlimited plan, but rarely go over 3-5 gigs/month. Something has changed recently, just needs to be addressed or I may have to switch carriers.

stef7
Master - Level 2

What specific Unlimited plan are you on? GoUnlimited or BeyondUnlimited?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be devastated to lose you as our customer, KENBUR86. Having good data speed is a must, and we want to resolve this. Our community members have been extremely helpful in asking which version of our unlimited plan that you're on, as they can provide very different experiences. To further investigate this, do others with Verizon in your immediate area experience the same speeds? What times of day do you experience the slower speeds?

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sea_raptor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having EXTREMELY slow LTE speeds.  On average I don't even get above 1mbps!  This happens all over Seattle, not just in my Neighborhood.  It also happens in Redmond (where I work).  I have a Google Pixel and my zip codes are 98105 and 98052.  I am not connected to WiFi in either of these locations.  What is causing the problem?  And when will my speeds improve.  I am on an unlimited plan, but have only used about 6GB of data for the month, so I shouldn't be getting throttled.  Attached is a picture that shows my average download sped of 0.58Mbps, which is about what I have been averaging (even though the upload speed is 5.43 Mbps).speedtest.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sea_raptor

You, too, deserve a reliable 4G LTE connection and fast speeds for your wireless data connections on your Verizon Wireless device. I want to ensure we properly address this service issue for you.

I checked the coverage in both your Seattle home and Redmond work areas, and they’re both in good 4G LTE coverage areas. I also didn’t see any recent data issue reports for either area. Let’s take a closer look at your device.

Are you aware of any other Verizon users experiencing this slow speeds issue in these areas? What model phone do you have and when did this problem begin? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

sea_raptor wrote:

I am on an unlimited plan, but have only used about 6GB of data for the month, so I shouldn't be getting throttled.

Are you on GoUnlimited or BeyondUnlimited?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

5-12mbps is the best you'll ever see from verizon.

0 Likes