Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
wifi calling
SethCGrayson

wifi calling will not work at home on my moto 5g one phone.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: wifi calling
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, SethCGrayson. We would be happy to help. Please provide some more details about the issues you are encountering with Wi-Fi calling. 

CassieG_VZW

0 Likes
SethCGrayson

Since the last one updates for Android 10 and one update to Android 11.  When Wi-Fi calling has stopped connecting right away when cell service is not available.  The Wi-Fi calling has not connected right away sense the update.  And usually connects with in half hour to 8 hours why why so long.  I tried resetting everything.  I did even pull the SIM card out and resetting the Wi-Fi reset option on the phone.  This is a brand new phone Motorola One 5g uw 2021 version.

Please help fix this issue!

Thank You.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SethCGrayson, we understand the importance of making sure your device connects to Wi-Fi Calling consistently. Can you please let us know what happens when you try to connect to Wi-Fi Calling? Are you receiving an error message? You mentioned it can take up to "8 hours" for the Wi-Fi Call to work correctly, can you please clarify during this time if the Wi-Fi enabled button is grayed out? Or your device just won't connect to Wi-Fi Calling at all during this time frame? 

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-235005/

0 Likes
SethCGrayson

When I am out of cell service and when I connect to Wi-Fi top of my phone says no service for calling and I tried to go call it says no service Wi-Fi itself does work but not for Wi-Fi calling Wi-Fi calling option is trying on I turn on and off several times still does not connect instantly.

0 Likes