wont find google account
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

hello, I have a problem and was hoping some one can steer me in the correct direction . Two days age , I turned on my Galaxy J3 and the screen said " erasing" with a spinning circle.

not wanting to erase all my info( I assume) I shut it off. later when I turned it on again, I needed to log into Google , I fooled the screens and inserted  ID & Password and followed the steps and the dialog about an error showed and that I had to wait 24 hours to try again.

I waited 24hrs and tried again and the same error and I still can't log on to Google and use my  phone.

Anyone have a fix for this  or do I have to send it in for repair and risk loosing all my contact info ?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wont find google account
bearone21
Legend

if your contact info is within gmail, it'll still be there.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Can you sign into your google account on a computer and see if that phone is registered to that google account? It sounds like it erased the phone. Can you get to the recovery mode and do a factory reset?

0 Likes
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have loged into my google/gmail account and my phone is listed under the device heading. I am avoiding doing a reset as I do not want to lose all my contacts and phone #'s. I'm not even sure that I can get to the recovery/reset mode on my phone.

0 Likes
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your reply, however  I don't use gmail and I am not sure my contacts are their. How would I check ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Import, restore, or back up contacts - Contacts Help

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't import/export contacts because I can't get into contacts on phone to import/export them

0 Likes
mjbarr3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also , not trying to save gmail/email contacts.need to save contact names and phone #'s . Also anyone know how to get to the backup and reset screen ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't need to get to your contacts through the phone. You can see into your Gmail account from a COMPUTER or another device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear about your phone experience mjbarr3. Contacts are very important and we don't want you to lose them. Not to worry, I am confident that we can get this resolved as a team. Let's work at one issue at a time. What happens if you sign in here: http://spr.ly/6588DGv62 ?

Let's also check on the Verizon Cloud, what happens when you sign in here: http://spr.ly/6589DGv6N ?

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes