Being charged .20/min for incoming calls on $1.99 unlimited plan?!?
PaigeArmstrong

I changed phones 2 days ago, but kept the same plan.  I was assured nothing would change, but since the transfer of service I am being charged $.20 per minute for all incoming calls.  Outgoing calls are still being billed at $0, text messages at $.02 each, and the daily access fee is correctly shown as $1.99 per day, 

What is up with the incoming calls?  I called customer services, and she said it looks like I'm being billed for roaming charges, which makes no sense since I was in the same location for both the incoming and outgoing calls.  She couldn't tell me anything else because....... wait for it....... the system is down. In the mean time, my balance has been unexpectedly depleted, so I have no service, and it's too late to go buy a refill card tonight.  How frustrating.

Has this happened to anyone else?  What was the cause? Did it get fixed? Account credited?

Thanks for any insight!

Paige

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being charged .20/min for incoming calls on $1.99 unlimited plan?!?
minnie2
Contributor - Level 1

Did you go online to My Verizon and check to see if the rates were accidently changed? Thats what it sounds like what happened. You can change the plan back to the orignial plan, also you can add minutes to your cell while your on that website. Or you can add minutes right from your cell.

0 Likes
MandaB

All Vzw prepay plans charge 20cent for roaming when your phone is not using a VZW tower. Have you traveled or never a border city, state. Call *611 & have them tell you which tower like Cingular one or sprint. They would be correct charges inorder to complete the incoming calls but I suggest doing a Roaming update on your phone by doing *228 opt 2 only then see if your phone has a phone setting for "system select" for HOME ONLY if so use it so your phone will not work if roaming which means not extra 20c roaming charges. If your phone doesn't have HOME ONLY mode then just do *228 opt 2 to keep your phone update in your home area.

hope this helps

0 Likes
MandaB

if the above sitation only says incoming call are 20c & $0 (unlimited) for outbound then there is no price plan change!

0 Likes

Okay, similar situation.  My son just left for Basic Training to Fort Sill, OK yesterday.  He has a prepaid cell phone which, when looking at the Verizon map, shows some areas as roaming; however the area from Oklahoma City does not appear to be.  I put him on the $1.99/day plan as I don't know how available his phone will be for the next 3 - 4 months.  Last night when his flight arrived in OK he made some calls.  All of those calls were charged $.20/minute, the roaming rate.  Also his account only shows the phone # of what appears to be a Verizon dba wireless #.  So I don't know who he called and I don't know why we are being charged.  I am looking for a plan to accomodate his needs but at $.20/minute along with the $1.99/day I am thinking that the Verizon plan isn't going to work for me.  Why would I be charged roaming and would it make a difference if he had a local OK wireless # rather than a NY #?

0 Likes