Busy signal while roaming
1bkjolly

I am on prepaid allset plan. When I try to place a call while roaming I only get a busy signal. I can call while on verizon but am roaming 90% of the time. I have called prepaid customer support and got no help. Anybody have any ideas? Plan is paid until July 17th. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Busy signal while roaming
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1bkjolly,

We'd love the opportunity to help lead you in the right direction!

Although we do not have access to pre pay accounts, we want to be sure you contacted the correct team. The direct number to our pre pay team is 888-294-6804 or you may dial *611 (send) from your mobile device. I trust that you'll be in good hands.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

1bkjolly,

We'd love the opportunity to help lead you in the right direction!

Although we do not have access to pre pay accounts, we want to be sure you contacted the correct team. The direct number to our pre pay team is 888-294-6804 or you may dial *611 (send) from your mobile device. I trust that you'll be in good hands.

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
1bkjolly

I have called that number and no one could help me. I will try one more time to call this number. I don't want to use another service but I will have to if this can't be resolved.

0 Likes
1bkjolly

I have called prepaid c.s. The answer I got was that I was in a bad service area. I have 2-5 bars, If I get a call I can answer the phone and everything works like it is supposed to. I can call my verizon phone from my home phone and the phone works fine. If I try to call out on the verizon phone when i push the send button I get a busy signal no matter which number I dial. I have spent long ours on the phone with verizon and no one seems to know what to do. My zip code is 28685 as you can see it says prepaid roaming and it did work until June 17th. Can anyone help at all with this problem? Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, 1bkjolly. Out of curiosity, what type of phone do you use? While we do not handle prepay accounts, we can still attempt some basic troubleshooting.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
1bkjolly

Thanks for the response. My phone is a LG Optimus Exceed 2. I actually have 2 of them, one is for my wife and hers did the same thing at the same time. Neither phone will let you call out if roaming. Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for providing this information 1bkjolly! It sounds like something may have changed in the system provisioning for your phone. In order to correct this, you would need to speak with our Prepay Team at 888-294-6804.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
1bkjolly

Thanks for the reply. I have contacted prepaid customer support 2 or 3 times over this problem. They can only say I am in a bad service area. I don't believe this because I have a very good signal and I can receive a call. I'm sorry but the prepaid side of verizon needs a complete make over in the customer support dept. I appreciate your response to my problem. If you have a different suggestion I would like to hear it. Thanks

0 Likes