Can I keep my old number and minutes?
jk1195

I may have lost my prepaid cellphone. If I buy a new one, can I keep my old telephone number? Can I keep the minutes I already bought or do I lose them?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I may have lost my prepaid cellphone. If I buy a new one, can I keep my old telephone number? Can I keep the minutes I already bought or do I lose them?
Snn5
Legend

Dial *611 press 2,4,3 to hear the info, which isn't really anything informative other than giving you these steps:  Go to My Verizon, then My Services, then Change Device.  I haven't changed devices yet, but this is what I hear when I call in to do what you are requesting.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I may have lost my prepaid cellphone. If I buy a new one, can I keep my old telephone number? Can I keep the minutes I already bought or do I lose them?
Snn5
Legend

Dial *611 press 2,4,3 to hear the info, which isn't really anything informative other than giving you these steps:  Go to My Verizon, then My Services, then Change Device.  I haven't changed devices yet, but this is what I hear when I call in to do what you are requesting.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also to add, depending on your phone model, have you tried Find My iPhone or iTunes or Android Device Manager or another find-a-phone app?

0 Likes
QuinMiner

This same thing happend to me. i have/had at the time a prepaid basc plane phone (one of the 15 buck cheap phones from walmart and a $30 unlimited talk and text plan.) i had just bot a $30 card for the next month and applied it to my account. sure enuff 4 days latter my phone is gone i tore up the house looking for it but NO Phone. i went back to walmart and purchased a new phone ( same kind 15 buck Walmart special) did NOT buy a new refill card i was not going to do that again i had just bot one ......anyway .....i called to activate the new phone and sure enough it asked me if i had an existing VW phone number and that was it typed in my number (for the lost phone) and 4 digit security pin and activated the new phone with the old plan and old number just as if it were the old phone and used the rest of my prepaid time as if i had never lost the phone just cost me the new phone (like i said 15 buck walmart ) no big deal       

0 Likes