Can I transfer my basic phone $15 monthly pre-paid plan to a new Galaxy S7 Edge and add a data plan?
kcirossarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I transfer my basic phone $15 monthly pre-paid plan (with $445 carry-over voice-only minutes balance) to a new Galaxy S7 Edge and added a data plan, that is,without loosing my $455?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I transfer my basic phone $15 monthly pre-paid plan (with $445 carry-over voice-only minutes balance) to a new Galaxy S7 Edge and added a data plan?
kcirossarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, Contacted Version, said new Plan required ... $45/mo with 2 GB data

and can keep $445+ balance by retaining same acct (phone #).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I transfer my basic phone $15 monthly pre-paid plan (with $445 carry-over voice-only minutes balance) to a new Galaxy S7 Edge and added a data plan?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to call the prepaid customer service number at 1-888-294-6804 and ask them. When switching from the prepaid basic phone plans to the monthly smartphone prepaid plans, I'm not sure if you can do what you are asking.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You will not be able to switch with that plan and continue using that device. You will have to move over to the smartphone Wi-Fi only version.

0 Likes
kcirossarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kcirossarg wrote:

No you don't have to get that plan.  The rep may not be aware of the new plans

http://www.verizonwireless.com/prepaid/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AC-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-GAW-

71700000010306182&gclid=CPSy6sqn3cwCFYPmfgodPzsDRw&gclsrc=ds

If you don't want data then it's $30 a month but you can only use wifi.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP said something about an added data plan. If they wanted a plan with cellular data I think the $45 one in the lowest price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

Ah good catch. I assumed the OP wanted it as cheap as possible.

If they sign up for autopay then they should get 3GB instead of 2.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Possible, but with an existing balance of $455, I would probably let that whittle down a bit before setting up autopay.

0 Likes
kcirossarg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, will retain for future reference when Note 6 comes-out in Aug. Was

aware of cheaper Plan but would rather have the 2 (3 auto-pay) GB's in

addition to WiFi.