Can I use my account balance to pay for monthly prepaid service?
Smitty123

Hello

I have an old account back when there were 0 data prepaid plans for 100 dollars per year for service.  I just learned the CDMA network it runs on is being killed and thus I'd need a new phone that operates on the newer network technology.  So I bought one verizon branded Cadence LTE.  In my account, when I move to transfer the device from my Gusto 3 to the new Cadence LTE, the website tells me I will need to 'upgrade' to a new service plan, starting at 30 dollars A MONTH! 

My question is, Since I have accured a large balance over the years of paying my 100 per year and then having the balance roll to the next year over and over, If I agree to change my service plan to the prepaid 30 dollars per month service, can I just let verizon feed off my current prepaid balance for the 30 dollar monthly fees?

0 Likes
Re: Can I use my account balance to pay for monthly prepaid service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question, Smitty123. To keep your account active on the new plans, you need to make a payment every month. If you have a balance on your account, the best option is to make a small payment to keep your account from expiring. This way the account will stay active and most the funds will be taken from your balance on the account. You can see all the details here: http://spr.ly/6608EXpMG.

- ElizabethC_VZW

0 Likes
sfl109415

Hi I am in the exact same situation right now with my old Gusto 3 and a nearly 200 balance on it. Were you able to use that balance toward the monthly fee on the new phone with the newer monthly plans? Or no?

Thanks

0 Likes
sfl109415

When I click the link you provided it does not answer the OPs question. I have read and re-read all of those Q&As and it doesn't get close to the question of whether I will lose my balance off an old phone and old prepaid plan when I switch to a new phone and new prepaid plan. Can you please advise?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes