Can't register with My Verizon because they ask questions that have no answers.
endlessmaze
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the following problems trying to register my prepaid phone so that I can buy more prepaid minutes in the future:

1) The number I'm told to call to register my phone gives me the message that the phone is already registered to a different number.  I bought the (used) phone from Verizon and was assigned the number by them.  I'm asked whether I want a new number or I want to import my number from another service.  There is no option for "use the number Verizon issued to me when I bought the phone," and I can't go any further in the process without answering this question.

2) I can't use the Live Chat to ask why my My Verizon registration won't go through because I need to be registered with My Verizon  to use Live Chat.

3) Trying to register the phone online gets me the question "what is your Account Security Number?"  I was never issued an Account Security Number.  There is no such number anywhere on my paperwork or in the 'about' section on the phone.

4) I am also asked for the last four digits of my SS# on some help forms.  I never gave Verizon my SS# because I'm a prepaid customer, so there is no possible correct answer to this question.

Why don't I call customer service, you ask? Because when I call customer service I'm asked the same questions over and over again, as in, "what is your full name, address, blah blah," and then I'm handed off to a new person who asks "what is your full name, address, blah blah," and this process is repeated until eventually, the call is disconnected while I'm on hold.

Is there any way out of this Catch 22? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't register with My Verizon because they ask questions that have no answers.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No need to worry endlessmaze! We would be delighted to assist you today. In order to discuss your Prepaid Account concerns please reach out to our Prepaid Support Team at 888-294-6804. My sincere apologies that our Social Media Team & online Forum Team is unable to support Prepaid Accounts at this time. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

Re: Can't register with My Verizon because they ask questions that have no answers.
endlessmaze
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, I did that and this time I was helped right away.  I appreciate it!

0 Likes