Contract vs prepaid
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

What is the difference between contract vs prepaid? Its almost $40 difference between the horrible $110 share everything (and your wallet) 4gb contract plan, and the comparable $70 prepaid 4gb plan. If I can not get a decent plan with a smart phone, I am cancelling my postpaid service and going elsewhere. Im tired of $100 per month bills!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Contract vs prepaid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The prepaid plans can only be used with 3G only phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

Well, ATT now has 4g prepaid phones. VZW is now officially behind the curve.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't expect to see 4G phone on the VZW prepaid plans until VoLTE covers much of the Verizon Wireless network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jacobweber2000
Contributor - Level 2

Yep and VZW is loosing out on the teenage to early twenty something groups that are swarming TMOBILE and Sprint prepaid programs because they can get good, high end prepaid 4G phones, that typically work very well in the cities, where 80% of the market is. VZW loves to throw out the "its the network" but they just are not understanding where the market is. The ONLY reason why I am still with VZW is because my work takes me outside the city. Otherwise I would had switched to another 4g prepaid service, which is far cheaper than the $90 "share your wallet" (as I call em) plans.

0 Likes
SLUSaintsFan

Verizion may be behind ATT as far as prepaid plans but I would not switch to ATT because ATT will not work inside unless you are next to a window not only that but ATT drops phone calls alot

0 Likes
Jiminraleigh
Contributor - Level 2

SLUSaintsFan, Surely you jest!!

I have Republic and have 100% coverage at work, at Home Depot, at home, at McDonalds, at Starbucks and on the road. Month-to-month is the only way to go and WiFi talk and text and data back up is the only way to ensure 100% coverage inside.

0 Likes