Getting premium texts 10 dollars each...tricky
verizonjim

On my prepay phoneI'm getting these premium texts...that charge 10 dollars just by opening it to see who it is...the balance displayed is instantly minus 10 dollars....and there is never any text info. in the phone afterward to try to track it down....it does show up in myverizon usage info. online. I basically had to block ALL texts....does anyone know how to get this particular texting to stop?? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting premium texts 10 dollars each...tricky
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you block premium texts through your MyVerizon account online if you are on a Prepaid Plan?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shocking
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can block just the premium messages without having to block all text messages. You can do this by calling customer care, they have a specific block for it and it will work for prepaid too. You can also reply "stop" to the message and that can also stop the premium messages. Customer care is also really good about crediting back for the premium messages if you have not been credited back for it in the past.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can also avoid the charge by not opening up the text to begin with.

0 Likes
shocking
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not opening the text works with some premium message services. With others, simply receiving the message on the phone will trigger the billing to charge the customer. To avoid any accidental charges, its always best to call customer care to have the permanent block added to the profile.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well yes of course. I have it blocked. I'm just saying why would anyone open up a mysterious text message to begin with?

0 Likes