HELP! Can I get my prepaid number back by "port in"?
felix2

In fact, I almost get it back, but still can't receive calls and texts with the number. So I come here for your help. My story started from this Feb. I ported in a number from my previous carrier to my Verizon prepaid account, everything was OK. Later, I stayed outside US for several months and didn't add funds in my account on time. At Sep, I received the mail from Verizon, it said my number was disconnected.

But I want to keep this number, so I try to port in it again from my previous carrier to Verizon, even this transition has been done in Feb.  To my surprise, it can be ported in on Verizon website, now, I can make call and send text with my number, use data, and log in My Verizon account, add fund. But as  I said at the beginning, I can't receive calls and text. I called Verizon port center, they checked it and told me the port in request is delayed because the number is not a working number. I called my previous carrier support, they told me the number has been ported out on Feb, they can do nothing on it. So, what should I do? I check the feasibility of my number on Verizon website, it shows I am currently a Verizon customer and can't locate the port request. I wonder if Verizon can have my number being a working number again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP! Can I get my prepaid number back by "port in"?
felix2

Please help me find a way to solve this issue, your help and information will be really appreciated!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone number was that special to you, you should have ported it to Google Voice for the time you were out of the country.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You tried porting a number you no longer had and wasn't active.  It doesn't work like that.  The number is gone.

0 Likes