Help! Does the Motorola Rival now need a data package- being told it does by cust. service
kands5

Last week I called Verizon and confirmed that I could activate a Rival on a prepay acct, so I purchased one for my dd and did it. My dh liked the phone and wanted one for himself so I purchased another one. I was just trying to activate it and with his current Verizon pre-pay number and the customer service rep is saying that it can't be activated on pre-pay because it needs a data package. I tell her that I have already confirmed that it did not need the data pkg, and that my dd is using a Rival on pre-pay as we speak so she tries to manually program it and it wouldn't work. She told me to call tele-sales since they activated my dd's phone, but when I call them they say only customer service can change an ESN (or whatever its called).

Does anyone know whats going on?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help! Does the Motorola Rival now need a data package- being told it does by cust. service
kands5

Solved my own problem. My acct only had $6 left so I added money and then it worked. I'm not sure why the rep told me it needed a data plan.

0 Likes